This article contains content that some may find shocking.
Meatspin is a shock site showing a looping GIF of two people having anal sex while the receiving partner's penis spins around, hence the name Meatspin. The 2003 remix of "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive plays in the background of the site. There is a spin counter on the site that tells you how many spins you've gone through. If the spin counter reaches over 45 spins, a text box appears that says "YOU ARE OFFICIALLY GAY :-)".
The original video is from a Brazilian pornographic adult film, TSBitches, starring Cristina Bianchini. The film itself can be found on PornHub. Later on, a website on YTMND titled Ridin Spinnaz was created that contains the Meatspin gif, with the song "Ridin' Spinnaz" by Three 6 Mafia playing in the background. In 2005, Meatspin.cc was created, and used the gif from the YTMND. On February 2, 2006, the creator of Meatspin created a second website called Meatspinnetwork.com.
The world record for the number of spins; 10,000,112 spins; was allegedly made in 2009 by four students in an Irish university "working around the clock to ensure they did not miss any spins." However, it is not known if this is true or not.
There were some variants of this site that contained malicious scripts that made the browser window bounce around the screen and display many message boxes when the user tries to close the page.
In 2013, a man named Benjamin Blouin hacked FSU Panama City's wifi and directed all internet traffic to Meatspin.com. Blouin was arrested with a third-degree felony, and was also suspended from the university and spent a little time in jail.
Google Hammer is the most malicious variant of Meatspin. It tries to trick people into thinking they will find good value marketing information. However, when visiting the site, a script would run that played a fake loading screen. Once the "loading screen" finished, the site would play the Meatspin gif.
When the user tried to close the page, a second payload will be activated which crashes non Internet Explorer browsers by overloading Shockwave Flash using a custom SFWObject script, displaying a bunch of confirm boxes, and changing the window title on IE on exit. The website used to be another Meatspin mirror called Makemoniesonline which was basically the same as google hammer, though not as malicious. Many people believed that the website would download a bunch of malicious applications to the local machine. However, this statement was confirmed false.
A user Spyker44 submitted an entry on Urban Dictionary stating that if the user exits the site (as soon as the animated image appears) it will get an message shown "You've been Dick Rolled".
Many parodies of Meatspin have been made. A video titled Leek Spin was uploaded to YouTube on September 25, 2006, parodying the shock site.
- John-Michael Bond "Revisiting Meatspin, the NSFW site that shocked a generation," published February 3rd, 2017, https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/meatspin-meme/
- "Florida State student hacks Wi-Fi, sends entire campus to Meatspin". The Daily Dot. 2013-03-12. https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/florida-state-student-meatspin-wi-fi-prank/ Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- An entry from Urban Dictonary.
NOTE: The following websites contains pornography!
- Original link: meatspin.com
Mirrors and Parodies
- Ridin' Spinners version: web.archive.org/web/20100612213919/discharges.org/ridin/spinnaz.swf
- Same as above: ridinspinnas.ytmnd.com
- Makemoniesonline: web.archive.org/web/20090120183651/makemoniesonline.com
- LOLShock version: meatspin.cc
- Shockchan mirror: shockchan.com/meatspin-video/
- GIF permalink: archive.ph/EZN6t