Poochee and Pansy
The following article may contain spoilers.
Poochee and Pansy is an ARG-related web series focusing on two puppies trying to save a cat from an evil witch. The premiere episode, uploaded to YouTube in 2009, contains a screamer, and is only the kicker to what the series becomes.
The series contains loads of disturbing imagery as well as eerie footage appearing, the series only consist of 7 episodes, in January 15, 2010, the episode 2 of Poochee and Pansy was deleted by YouTube moderators for unknown reasons, and was brought back after 5 years, the creator gives an appeal to restore the original upload, however, it was rejected,
According to ScareTheater, the series was created to recruit viewers for an alternate reality game called: "Hunt for the Gangadiddle", it was spread around 4chan in somewhat unknown date, the point of it is to recruit users to find the mystery of Ganadiddle. (See below on the "Trivia" part for more.)
All episodes in the series.
Episode 1: The Quest for the Midnight Crown
In the first episode, a narrator introduces our eponymous puppy characters and mentions that one day Poochee urgently needed to tell something to Pansy. He tells her about a strange dream he had, which involves a kitten being locked up by an evil witch. She had the same dream, so Poochee concludes that because of this, the dream must be a telepathic SOS message directed at them. They prepare to venture to Sufferdark, where they come across Batwing Cave, which they must go through to reach Sufferdark. A firefly named Freddie appears and tries to lead them through the cave, However, he is interrupted by a skull with one eye along with a loud screech. There is a link to a website that can be found in the information section of the YouTube channel. In 2020, the video was remastered, but the screamer was removed.
Episode 2: $ £Wv$ER&8765435 w%4%^$£%@£@
The episode starts off with footage of a flower garden before cutting to the title card. The series' name appears normally, but it briefly glitches, shows a picture of a monster from Junji Ito' for a split second, then shows the title card, except the title is blurred out and the narrator's speech is jumbled and noisy.
The episode itself features Poochee with no eyes and Pansy with no mouth, followed by the voice of Poochee saying: "Yes, you are probably right." from the previous episode. This goes on for a while before the cartoon distorts and the audio glitches. We then cut to footage of someone filming in a dark room. They come across various household items such as a bowl of soup, a sink, and a clock. We then cut to a clip of The Huntmaster walking from the right and facing the screen. He ends the episode by reaching for the camera, his black glove covering it.
This episode was apparently taken down originally for unknown reasons, but has since come back.
Episode 3: The Witch's Bargain
The episode begins normally for a second, but the series' title briefly becomes sinister (the text turns black, the sky turns red, and a different, more ominous piano piece plays) before returning to normal. As the episode title appears, a narrator (not the same as the last two) informs us that Poochee and Pansy have made it to Sufferdark to confront the witch. As this happens, a brief visual distortion occurs, revealing a cartoon Huntmaster standing near the tree.
The episode proper starts with Poochee in the witch's lair, looking for a missing Pansy. He eventually finds her trapped in a hanging cage that's placed over a vat of green liquid. The witch herself then appears and wagers a deal with Poochee to free Pansy: she'll let her go if he lets her take his eyes. Pansy begs Poochee not to, but Poochee, unable to think of any other way to rescue her, reluctantly accepts the offer. We then see the witch's hand slowly inch closer towards Poochee as he cries. Just before anything bad happens, we cut to footage of a fan running, a brief close-up of the witch, footage of a phone off its hook beeping, and a clip of a doll's face accompanied by the sound of a girl crying; one of the doll's eyes is noticeably bulging. The video ends with the sinister title background from earlier with the message: "You are alone but you do not know it."
Episode 4: ぷちとパンジー。第4章。魔女の目
The video first shows a Japanese version of the title card, complete with English subtitles. The picture distorts a few times before the episode title appears, translating to "The Witch's Eye". A Japanese narrator then tells us that the two puppies have defeated the witch off-screen and are now off to rescue the kitten. Then, two brief flashes of the witch with no eyes appear, with a scream heard the second time.
The episode starts by showing Poochee and Pansy standing at a door with a lock on it. Poochee proclaims to Pansy that he knows the kitten is behind it. When she asks how he knew that, he replies by stating that, with the witch's eye he's wearing over one of his own, he can see through the door. We then see a long shot of the door before the cartoon distorts, with the text "Cannot hide" briefly visible. We then cut to footage of icicles with low pitched beeping in the background. We then cut to someone walking in the snow, the camera pointed at the ground. After a moment, they find the text "Find You" written in the snow; said text then becomes a completely white animated picture that gets covered with red. The image returns to live-action and stays on screen for a while. We then cut to The Huntmaster reaching for the screen, then a close-up of the icicles. Then, on a black background, red text appears reading "Everyone in your world is dead but you. Only you exist." The video then ends with a flash of the white text "FIND YOU".
Episode 5: (Unnamed)
We start with The Huntmaster telling the viewer "You cannot hide." as he turns to face the screen. We then cut to the usual title screen; as usual, it glitches a few times. A series of odd and disturbing images then appear such as a man cowering in fright, a dog with sharp teeth, a cartoon forest with tree stumps, and footage of the house from the second episode before the episode title appears, completely blanked out by a black censor panel. More images appear accompanied by splatter sounds such as Smile Dog, the Junji Ito' monster, the witch with no eyes from last episode, Poochee with no eyes, the sinister title screen with the text "All dead" on the bottom, the "FIND YOU" text also from last episode as well as the icicles, the title screen with "YOU ARE ALONE" printed on it, and footage of a basement. The Huntmaster reappears as his body begins flailing wildly with loud distortion noises heard.
The episode proper finally begins. We see two yellow eyes in the darkness of the doorway. Poochee happily exclaims that it's the kitten. The kitten then appears from the doorway meowing. The animals then stare at each other for a prolonged time, before it cuts back to the random and odd clips, like an evil Poochee, the house, the skull screamer, the witch, and clips from the Disney short The Story of Menstruation. During this, we cut to the creepy title screen where a stylized G pops up for a second. The Menstruation footage returns, where the girl's reflection comes to life and smiles at the screen; the scene then zooms into the reflection as her smile becomes more creepy; her face then comes up close accompanied by a loud roar. We then cut to inside the house; the "All dead" text is written on the wall in blood red near some pictures. We then cut to someone walking in the woods and entering an area with many tree stumps, which is then compared to the cartoon forest drawing. We then see Poochee telling us "Remember, what's on TV is real. When you go outside and look at the rest of the world, that's what's make believe." The Menstruation girl's face appears again with a loud scream. The G from before then appears again, ending the video.
Episode 6: Message from the Gxx%$£^$
The video begins with footage of a swing swaying with ghostly sounds before the title appears. The title glitches a few times as per usual. The episode title shows up, but the last word is blurred out, though if one were quick to pause just as it appears, the word is revealed to be Gangadiddle, the name of the main creature of the ARG this series is centered around. During this, the music and narrator become distorted and loud. We briefly see the icicles from the fourth episode with two red eyes above the image, as if it were a monster's face. The episode then begins.
We see Poochee and Pansy with the kitten back at home. Pansy notes that Poochee's eye is back to normal, to which he explains that it's one of the eye's powers. Shortly thereafter, a scroll materializes in front of the three. Poochee starts to read it, but before he can get to who it's from, the video cuts to an illustration of the Gangadiddle as the picture distorts. We then cut to a live-action figure of the Gangadiddle on a table. We then see a panda's face on a jack-in-the-box with its eyes moving playing "Braham's Lullaby"; after a bit, the panda screams at the viewer. We then pan throughout the house, which includes shots of the skull screamer and the doll from previous episodes. The Huntmaster then appears again reaching out for the screen, followed by a flurry of odd images from previous episodes. The episode ends with the message: "You must find it to become free!"
Episode 7: Rxxx 6 Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Pxxxxxxxx
The title appears as normal before fading away. The episode title then appears, but only Part 7 is readable; the rest is obscured by a picture of a man's face covering it up. Poochee, Pansy, and the kitten then appear. As calming piano music plays, the trio are seen smiling cutely at the screen for several seconds until the kitten meows. A more detailed version of the kitten's head appears on a flashing background with a loud meow. We then cut to a computer processing data, then we cut back to the trio, except the sky is dark, Pansy and the kitten are missing their faces, and Poochee is missing his eyes. He then restates the warped message he said at the end of the fifth episode. The video then cuts to footage of someone walking through their backyard while unearthly noises play, including a shot of a worm crawling on the man's arm. We then head to the ending, where on the sinister title background, the text "David's mind traverses many parallels. His memories will help you." appears, followed by the code XRZ 9hOUIFec, and a flash of the G, ending the series.
- Special Announcement - The video starts with the Dolst Family logo and the text "An important message from Dolst Family Entertainment." We then see Poochee, Pansy, and the witch standing next to a tree. They tells us that you shouldn't worry about the scary things you see on TV, and that what's on TV is fake and what's outdoors is real. Just as they say that, the video distorts and the characters change; Poochee and Pansy turn into demon dogs while the witch turns into The Huntmaster. We then see a flurry of odd images, including the doll head, the witch, the text "You are alone", birds flying past cars, the skull screamer, the house footage tinted red, and the text "Trying to reach you" written seven times. A voice is heard saying: "This is the greatest mass extinction in earths history. 96% of all life forms disappearing off of the face of the earth. The murder victims show evidence of being partially devoured by the murderers.", taken from Night of the Living Dead. We then cut to a clip of someone walking down a hospital hallway; just as they reach the doors, the title screen appears with a flash of the "All dead" text, ending the video.
The channel announces that the sequel: "Poochee and Pansy 2" at approximately 3:30 am, however, it is revealed that it was some hacker using the alias: "The Technician", They uploaded a fraudulent video that falsely claimed, the video was immediately deleted by the creator, upon regaining access to the channel, and quickly apologize to the viewer by uploaded this particular video.
- Poochee - is a light brown puppy with black eyes, a short tail, and long ears. He's appeared in every episode to date
- Pansy - Pansy is a light grey puppy with folded ears, shiny black eyes, a black nose, a short tail, and a pink bow on her head, she appears in every episode just like Poochee.
- The Kitten - The Kitten is an orange cat with pointy ears, a pink nose, whiskers, bright yellow eyes, and a long skinny tail. He was captured by the Witch prior to the events of episode 1 and sent a message to Poochee and Pansy through their dreams, since being saved by the two puppies, the Kitten became friends with them.
- The Witch - is an old pale green-skinned lady with one (used to be two) bloodshot eyes and one black bleeding eye with a red pupil. She has black hair with white streaks on it. She has a purple robe on with black triangles on the bottom. She also is sometimes seen wearing a purple witch/wizard hat. She's appeared in many episodes, but not all of them
- The Huntmaster - The Huntmaster is a man wearing a black hoodie (blue in animation), and a white, featureless mask obscuring his face, as well as gloves matching his hoodie. he appears when the disturbing images come, or at the start.
- Narrator - As the name implies, narrates the beginning and end of every episode of the show. Not much else is known about him as of now, the narrator only appears in the first episode.
- The series was apparently not created or aired by Dolst.
- The Episode's title card in the sixth episode, the text was blurred out expect the: "Message from the" part, the viewer can immediately pause at the right time before the text was blurred out, the text was revealed to be: "Ganggadiddle", the word itself leads to a YouTube channel called: "Nathan Israel".
- The recent video has a link to the official Dreamaxion site.
- Much of the background music is stock music from Kevin MacLeod.
- youtube.com/watch?v=FaCoQ25JIXs - ScareTheater analysis.
NOTE: the following videos contain screamers and flashing lights!
- Permalink: bit.ly/2UVPC2D
- Second Episode: youtube.com/watch?v=n9_LlmW6WMc
- Third Episode: youtube.com/watch?v=4NoAxZd3ekM
- Fourth Episode: youtube.com/watch?v=MEAeFgvCEkE
- Fifth Episode: youtube.com/watch?v=AbxTAyI0NB4
- Sixth Episode: youtube.com/watch?v=NVv9ZFt0Mig
- Seventh Episode: youtube.com/watch?v=il4DGJxZRv4