Liquid Generation is an online-entertainment website founded on March 3, 2000 by Meal Schpeal (who linked his website in LG elsewhere), It produced and hosted a number of original animations, flash games, quizzes and videos, including recurring series like Angry Leprechaun, Suck My News, Who'd You Rather and Masterpiece Movie Reviews.
On March 3, 2000, Liquid Generation was founded by Meal Schpeal in Laredo, Texas, with the first animation added: "Thrashers: Rock Roots Series Part I", on that time, the website was being redeveloped in a few months., in 2003 or 2004, the website used to have a logo of a girl's eyes and eyebrows with the carbon-type font: "LiquidGeneration" in the middle (see image), it was then replaced with the logo (seen in the infobox) of a blue ball with a face grinning, the site was then redesigned, in 2005, the Liquid Generation team was founded that consist of 7 members to operate the website. the website now has 11 genres, including Action, Adventure, Board, Casino, Arcade, Racing, RPG and more.
Since September 2016, the original liquidgeneration.com homepage is no longer available and redirects to their LiquidGenerationTube YouTube channel instead. Later on, in 2020, the website was brought back, but none of the sabotages remain.
One well-known feature of Liquid Generation was their long line of Sabotage screamers. These were a series of online pranks which masqueraded as legitimate flash applications, games, or videos, but eventually, lead up to a jump scare to startle and/or embarrass the viewer. While these screamers were properly filed under the Sabotage or Pranks category on the homepage, people were encouraged to share them with unsuspecting friends or colleagues, with some pranks even being specifically designed to be sent by email.
As a recurring theme, most of these screamers ended with a screen saying “You've been Sabotaged!” and a logo depicting a ninja's face, while a cheerful “Liquid Generation: Sabotage!” jingle played in the background. After the jingle, a cartoon ninja, who essentially served as the series' mascot, jumped down from the top of the screen and said “Click here for more Sabotage!” in a Japanese accent, after which he was crushed by the link to the Liquid Generation homepage.
Many of these pranks have been leaked to other game websites, often with no indication that they are screamers. There's also an unofficial YouTube channel hosting the footage of a large selection of these screamers since they are no longer available on the homepage (link below).
- Main Article: Early Liquid Generation E-Card Sabotages
There is another feature that Liquid Generation provided In 2002, called: "Liquid Generation E-Cards", Liquid Generation released a series of Sabotage pranks with a similar theme, which usually came in the form of fake e-cards. They were presented in Windows 98/ME style, in order to trick people who received these pranks by email into believing that those are standalone applications.
Unlike other Sabotages, the point of most of these pranks was less about scaring the viewer and more about causing embarrassment in the workplace, usually by displaying inappropriate messages with loud sound cues to gain unwanted attention. Nevertheless, they may still startle unsuspecting viewers.
List of Sabotages by Liquid Generation
- ADHD Quick Assessment Test
- Annoy the Hindu
- Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? (The path of savior)
- Ball Drop E Card
- Bobbing for Apples
- Celebrity I.Q. Test
- Color Vision Deficiency Test
- Cute Kitten Video
- The Cutest Kids in Costumes
- The Cutest Puppies on the Web
- The Da Vinci Code - The Real Truth
- Divine Visions of Mary Jesus
- Dress Up the Snowman
- Early Liquid Generation E-Card Sabotages
- Extreme Video: Car Crash
- Fire Safety with Ready Freddie the Fire Teddy
- Halloween Safety Tips with Jack O. Lantern
- The Hand Eye Coordination Test
- Have a Happy Valentine's Day
- Heaven or Hell
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Like a Pro
- How to Cook a Turkey
- How to Cook the Perfect Hamburger
- How to make your own Beer-Powered Air Conditioner
- The Illusion of Bloody Mary
- Image Morph E Card
- Inkblot Test
- King of the Hill: Find Lady Bird
- Love Card Songs
- M.C. Escher Examinations
- Make A Egg
- Online Hearing Test
- Online Hunting
- Optical Illusions (Liquid Generation)
- Origami Fortune Teller
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- The Pope's Blessing
- Sabotage: What's Wrong With This Picture
- Satanic Messages in Music
- Secret Michael Jackson Audio Tape
- Sex Drive Sabotage
- The Sex Test
- Sexy Suntan
- Skin Cancer Test
- Spanish Castle Illusion
- Sports Fitness Test
- Stress Test
- Test Your Health
- Trick or Treat
- The Trip Cost Calculator
- Unlock the Mystery of Mary Shaw
- When Will I/You Die?
- The White Christmas Game
- ↑ The stats of Liquid Generation
- ↑ The earliest archive of LiquidGeneration.com (April 2000)
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20051128030616/http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/aboutus.aspx
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20061121202130/http://liquidgeneration.movaya.com/
NOTE: The following websites contain lots of screamers!
- Liquid Generation YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/LiquidGenerationTube