|THIS WAS THE FÆTURED ARTICLE FOR SEPTEMBER 2021!
Blocked Shock Site
|In lulz we trust
Encyclopedia Dramatica is a wiki-style website with a controversial history that is widely known for its provocative humor, trolling, and offensive content. Founded in 2004, the site started as a satirical online encyclopedia that parodied Wikipedia and focused on internet memes, online dramas, and other aspects of internet culture. However, over time, the site transformed into a platform for anonymous users to post and share offensive material, including hate speech, pornography, and shock images.
The site's content is often directed at individuals or groups who are perceived as belonging to internet subcultures, such as furries, bronies, and other fandoms. Encyclopedia Dramatica also frequently targets people involved in online drama or controversies and has been known to publish personal information, harass individuals, and engage in cyberbullying. Throughout its existence, Encyclopedia Dramatica has been a source of controversy, with many criticizing the site for its offensive content and harmful behavior. The website has been shut down and restarted several times due to legal issues and other problems, and has been banned by various internet service providers and countries. Despite these challenges, the site continues to operate and has gained a significant following among users who appreciate its edgy humor and controversial content. The website's creators and users have defended the site's content as a form of free speech and a response to what they perceive as political correctness and censorship in mainstream online communities. However, others argue that the site's content promotes hate speech, harassment, and cyberbullying and that it has caused harm to individuals and communities. The site's influence on internet culture and its role in online controversies have made it a subject of interest and analysis by scholars, journalists, and other observers of digital media.
The wiki hosts many infamous shock pages including Offended, Kittens, and Puppies, and Reporting Un-Islamic Content. Many articles on this wiki contain shock images such as Goatse, Blue Waffle, and Lemon Party among many others, as well as numerous other gruesome images. Encyclopedia Dramatica is known for having something vulgar/disturbing on almost every page. The reason why æ is used as its mascot is that, according to the site, it's "confusing and mysterious like ED itself." Encyclopedia Dramatica has moved domains many times during its life. It was established in December 2004 at encyclopediadramatica.com and was originally meant to document dramatic happenings on LiveJournal, but instead quickly became associated with 4chan and Anonymous. In 2011, the site moved to a safe-for-work website called OhInternet, which also closed the same year.
After that, the site moved domain extensions plenty of times from .rs to .se to .ch, and many others, usually because the owners were either being arrested or banned for different reasons.
Encyclopedia Dramatica is an online wiki-style website that was founded in 2004 by Sherrod DeGrippo, also known as "Girlvinyl." The website is known for its intentionally provocative and offensive content, which parodies internet culture and memes and satirizes individuals, subcultures, and internet phenomena. The articles on the site are often written in a comedic and sarcastic tone, with a focus on vulgarity and obscenity. The website covers a wide range of topics, including video games, internet personalities, social and political issues, and other aspects of online culture. The site has several sections dedicated to trolling, flame wars, and doxing. It also features graphic images, hate speech, and shock humor, which have led to the site being blocked in some countries and universities. Additionally, Encyclopedia Dramatica has been criticized for its treatment of individuals and groups, which some view as cyberbullying and harassment. Despite this controversy, the site has a dedicated following, with many users contributing to the site's content and community. Over time, the site has faced various legal issues and has been shut down and restarted several times. In 2011, the site was temporarily shut down due to a cease-and-desist letter from the Australian Communications and Media Authority. In 2013, the site was seized by the FBI as part of an investigation into the hacking group LulzSec. The site has also been banned by various internet service providers and countries. Encyclopedia Dramatica has inspired numerous spin-offs and imitators, including the similar site "OhInternet," which was also created by Sherrod DeGrippo. Despite the controversies surrounding the site, it continues to operate and has maintained a significant following among users who enjoy its edgy humor and controversial content.
Encyclopedia Dramatica was founded in 2004 by a group of internet trolls who sought to create a database of popular online memes, catchphrases, and other cultural phenomena within online communities. Initially, the website focused on tracking and documenting the activities of various internet subcultures, including Anonymous, 4chan, and other imageboards. However, over time, the website evolved into a platform for offensive and derogatory content, with articles that ridiculed and mocked various individuals and groups. The site was created as a parody of Wikipedia, with users encouraged to contribute humorous and satirical content about internet culture and memes. However, the site soon developed a reputation for crude humor and controversial content, including personal attacks on individuals, and content deemed racist, sexist, and homophobic. In 2011, the site was shut down by its original creators, but it was later revived by anonymous volunteers who wanted to keep the site alive. Over the years, ED became notorious for its aggressive trolling and harassment campaigns against individuals and online communities, including 4chan, Tumblr, and social justice movements.
ED's content continued to evolve, incorporating increasingly offensive and shocking material, such as graphic images, explicit sexual content, and gore. Despite its controversial content, the site gained a significant following and became a popular destination for those seeking edgy and taboo humor. In 2017, ED was acquired by the Cheezburger Network's website, OhInternet. The new owners attempted to clean up the site's content and make it more appealing to a wider audience, but it's not the same as the original ED we knew before. Eventually, OhInternet shut down the site and redirected the domain to a new website called Lulz.net. ED has continued to attract controversy, with critics accusing the site of promoting hate speech, cyberbullying, and other forms of harmful online behavior. However, some online communities see the site as a platform for free speech and a place to share offensive humor and satire. Despite numerous legal actions and controversies, ED continues to operate under various domains and servers.
- Sherrod DeGrippo (A.K.A Girlvinyl): 2004-2011 - The founder of Encyclopedia Dramatica and didn't like how the site she wanted to use for live journal drama was becoming what it was. Eventually shut down the site and turned it into OhInternet. Lasted about two years before it was shut down in 2013.
- Ryan Cleary: 2011 - Took the site away from Girlvinyl, and helped restore the site in what would be known as "Operation Restoration". He later got arrested for being a part of the hacker group Lulzsec.
- Garrett - Was supposed to be the next leader but retired.
- Brian Zaiger (A.K.A Mantequilla): 2011-2017 - Took over for Ryan after he left. Would spend years running the site, even though he didn't know how to code and was a known junkie. He was also known to take bribes for both unbanning and admin positions. It was later found out that he had been taking donations from people for years to "fund the site", but instead was spending the money on cocaine and heroin, even though, around the tail-end of his failure of a career, he was in massive debt from a lawsuit with a famous copyright troll. He even tried to make a new ED (encyclopediadramatica.online) and tried to brand it as the real ED, but no one believed him.
- Seebeen: 2017-2019 - Took over for Zaiger in 2017. Already had a bad reputation beforehand, as he would enforce arbitrary rules. Assured ED that he was an amazing tech wizard; but, when the site eventually crashed, it turned out he never had a single backup, and so he just disappeared.
- Conrad Rockenhaus: 2019-2020 - Took over for Seebeen who was formerly known to be insane, and was generally hated by the rest of ED. He Was in charge for a while but disappeared for a while. After he got hit by a car, he later came back for a while but then disappeared again after he went to jail. The site would eventually crash along with the forum.
- Jacob Stellmach (A.K.A Ædiot): 2020 - Restored the site after it crashed. Crashed multiple times after he restored it and was not able to keep it up for more than a couple of weeks at a time. Got sued and tried to crowdfund lawsuit money. Later tried to sell ED to his dark web friends and was quickly booked. He also talks to an imaginary 6-year-old girl and grooms a 16-year-old boy to be his husband.
- Umkemesik: 2020-present - Took away the site from Ædiot after the stuff got leaked, and created a new ED, which took him 12 hours compared to the 3-4 months it took Ædiot.
NOTE: The following website contains extremely graphic content!