From Screamer Wiki
Welcome to the Screamer Wiki Help Portal. If you want to know how to do something on the wiki or need help with anything, this page should help solve any problems; there are help articles at your disposition. If you have an issue that you need to solve, you will know-how on this page.
- Find out more general information about this website on the About page.
- Need help and want to talk to an admin? See a list of all administrators on this community.
- You can check for plain users in the Volunteer Helpers category.
- Suggest a new feature or an improvement on the Suggestions board.
- How do I get user rights? Follow all the rules listed here.
Are you a new user? If this is the case, the Wiki Guides are here for you. These handy guides show you how to use the wiki more efficiently, from how to edit pages, to adding colors and changing fonts, to becoming a moderator or an admin.
New to wikis?
- If you are new to wikis and want to write an article, you may want to read the Wiki Guides.
- A list of most help pages can be found on here.
- If you are good at wiki editing you can voluntarily check for users looking for help and watchlist the category.
How to help out
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various article stubs by adding content.
- Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet.
- To follow the changes to this wiki, and to look out for new users and edits use recent changes.
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on Screamer Wiki:Templates.
- If a user is inactive, and you absolutely have to email that user, learn how to use the e-Mail feature.
Things to do
- Delete any scary, pornographic images, videos or clickable links that go directly to the website and replace them with un-clickable links.
- If you see someone violating any of the rules, tell them by using this Rules#Templates_and_examples template and fix the page.
- If you see someone vandalizing the wiki, fix the page and contact an admin.
- If you see any grammatical or spelling mistakes, correct them.
- If you see any false information, remove it.
- If there are missing categories, add them.
- Help expand some article stubs.
- Locate and mark pages that need expanding as article stubs.
- Create links to some Orphaned pages.
- Upload and add some images! Visit Special:Upload.
- Write a new article that's on The Wanted list!
- Fix any double redirects by redirecting the first page to the third page.
- Check for broken redirects and either mark them for deletion or find a more appropriate target.
- Consider splitting up very long pages into different pages or subpages.
- Create some links on dead end pages.
Other Special Pages
A lists of useful other special pages are listed here.
- You can find a full list of these by clicking here.
- Wiki Rules • Read the rules before editing.
- Screamer Library • See a list of all screamers on the wiki.
- Community Portal • All polls, news, and special events.