Screamer Wiki:Guides/User rights
User Rights Guide
This guide explains everything about user rights on the Screamer Wiki.
How do I get more user rights?
The minimum requirements for becoming an administrator are
- Treat others with gracious professionalism.
- Be able to read and write at a native level.
- Be at least 13 years old.
- Have an account that is at least 30 days old.
(Users made admin before these requirements are grandfathered)
To retain your user rights, you must be active on the wiki - don't forget to contribute every now and then!
What are they supposed to do?
Administrators on the wiki are supposed to help users and enforce the rules by giving punishments to users breaking them. Admins are the ones who manage and maintain the wiki. They also have the ability to block other users. If you abuse your rights, these rights will be revoked and/or you will be banned from the Screamer Wiki.
How are they supposed to enforce the rules?
As an admin you are supposed to enforce the rules by giving punishments to users breaking them. You can see the rules here. Here is how you should handle rule violators.
- Never use any scary images or clickable links that lead directly to the screamer website. You are allowed to use un-clickable links, or links that can't be clicked on.
- Remove the violating content and give the user a warning. If the user repeats this more than once they will get a 1-day ban. If it is repeated again after this, the punishment will be doubled.
- Please use either the forum, discussions, the chat, or your user blog to communicate with other users. Do not create pages that are out of subject, or you will get a warning.
- Remove the violating content and give the user a warning. If the user repeats this more than once they will get a 1-week ban. If it is repeated again after this, the violator will be permanently blocked. If the user creates another account to come back, please contact an admin.
- Use correct grammar & spelling, write in English. If this rule is violated, your account won't get blocked.
- If the grammar is incorrect, fix it.
- This wiki is available in multiple languages. However, if you see someone writing in a language other than English on this wiki, link them to the correct wiki.
- The page name must always be the name of the screamer, without www. or http://. For example, ScaryScreamer.com, and not http://www.scaryscreamer.com/ http://www.ScaryScreamer.com.
- Rename the page to the correct name using the reason "The page name must always be the name of the screamer".
- Do not delete, blank or replace the content of a page (unless you want to fix an entire article that gives wrong information).
- Undo the edit. If the edits were on purpose, block the user. If the user creates another account to come back, please contact an admin.
Tips and Tricks
- Be cool to other users. Admins are supposed to enforce the Rules, but without being too harsh!
- Invite users to the wiki. By recruiting contributors, you are helping the community grow even further!
- Assume good faith. Most users that contribute to the wiki are trying to help, not hurt!
Thanks for reading!