Steve Co. Supply Crate
This page is about a screamer or shock site of which the original copy was deleted.
Steve Co. Supply Crate or known as Locked Chest was a feature in the game Minecraft for an April Fools in 2011, When creating a new world, locked chests would spawn at random locations on the map.
When clicking on a locked chest, the player would be redirected to the Steve Co. Minecraft Store. It pretended to be a Pay 2 Win Shop for Minecraft. However, clicking on the Proceed to Checkout button triggered the screamer part in which a Velociraptor from the movie Jurassic Park growled loudly and flew across the screen, here's all of the items on the store listed below:
- Steve Co. supply crate key ($3)
- Steve Co. supply crate key 5-pack ($18)
- Miner's helmet ($21)
- Name change ($99)
- Creeper saddle ($42)
- Secret griefer identity ($155)
- Enlargement pill ($2)
- Response from support ($494)
- Three "coming soon" items (priced at $75, $7, and $1499)
- Regular padlock ($8)
There was also a "seizure mode" which activated when the player bought items with a total price of $10,000. The website then proceeded to ask the player if they are prone to seizure, and if they answered yes, the website background changed to a flashing strobe light, However, Notch removed it to avoid lawsuits and posted about it in the forums.
Notch states that he was going to remove them at midnight on April 2nd, but didn't due to illness.
As of April 2nd (the day following April Fools), the store had a multicolored banner which stated as "♥ April Fools'! ♥", along with a MIDI instrumental of Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up plays in the background. Tobias Möllstam stated that this was "the best script he's written to date."
- This screamer was inspired from Mann Co. Supply Crates from Team Fortess 2.
- Large chests also exists but rarely appears in some places.
- The block's namespace id is: "chest_locked_aprilfools_super_old_legacy_we_should_not_even_have_this"
NOTE: The following video contains a screamer!