About the Screamer Wiki
The Screamer Wiki, formerly known as the ScreamerChecker Wiki, was founded on November 11th, 2013 on Wikia (now FANDOM) by HLDK, with the simple goal to index all screamers ever made. It has since then grown to 1,106 articles, 20,818 total edits, 0 active contributors, and over 50,000 weekly visits.
The Screamer Wiki had the original purpose to let users check if a website was a screamer or not by searching the name of the website on the wiki, hence the former name ScreamerChecker. Since then, the wiki slowly started to open up and expand to more types of screamers. The wiki now has pages about shock sites, games, videos, and many more.
Here is a timeline of all the milestones and major events the Screamer Wiki went through.
- November 11th, 2013: The ScreamerChecker Wiki is founded by AnimatorXP (HLDK on FANDOM). After creating only four pages, he leaves the wiki for a long time.
- January 21st, 2015: FANDOM user Kianlolcat99 joins the wiki and creates a new page, 420yolo.com, making the wiki grow a little more.
- July 16th, 2015: HLDK comes back to the wiki and works with Kianlolcat99 to make the wiki grow even bigger. More people started to come in every day.
- July 31st, 2015: FANDOM user Sumpy, owner of the Scary Pop-Up Wiki, joins the ScreamerChecker Wiki. The two wikis were merged.
- August 1st, 2015: ScreamerChecker Wiki gets its first and biggest redesign.
- August 4th, 2015: ScreamerChecker Wiki drops the word Checker and rebrands itself to Screamer Wiki.
- August 24th, 2015: Screamer Wiki passes the 100 page milestone.
- September 8th, 2015: Screamer Wiki becomes available in new languages: French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- September 11, 2015: A second big redesign was made to accommodate the name change of the wiki. The colours, the logo and the cursors were changed.
- December 2015: Screamer Wiki becomes the biggest home of screamers ever created, with an impressive record of over 250 pages.
- May 31st, 2016: Screamer Wiki passes the 300 page milestone.
- October 2016: Screamer Wiki passes the 400 page milestone.
- January 2017: After three years and a half, Screamer Wiki passes the major milestone of 500 pages!
- June 2017: Screamer Wiki passes the 600 page milestone.
- January 2018: Screamer Wiki passes the 700 page milestone.
- October 2018: Screamer Wiki passes the 800 page milestone.
- November 11th, 2018: The Screamer Wiki, formerly known as ScreamerChecker Wiki, celebrates its fifth anniversary!
- January 2019: Screamer Wiki becomes available in Indonesian.
- February 2019: Screamer Wiki becomes available in Norwegian.
- April 2019: Screamer Wiki passes 1,000 pages!
- August 2019: FANDOM evicted the Screamer wiki, so Screamer Wiki forked to ScreamerFanbase.com
Here is a timeline of all the different logos used throughout the history of the Screamer Wiki.
First logo • November 2013 to August 1st, 2015
The initial logo for the Screamer Wiki was used from the beginning all the way to August 2015, although it did not appear everywhere on the wiki.
Second logo • August 1st, 2015 to August 4th, 2015
The second logo was introduced during the first big redesign of the Screamer Wiki. It was the first logo to be widely used across the wiki, and it introduced a revamped design, dropping the solid background.
Third Logo • August 4th, 2015 to June 13, 2019
The third logo was introduced in August of 2015 when the ScreamerChecker Wiki was rebranded to Screamer Wiki. This logo dropped the Checker while bringing in a cleaner design and a new color scheme. Multiple variations of this logo are used throughout the wiki.
Current • September 3rd, 2018 to present
The fourth logo was introduced as a concept on September 3rd, 2018 to fit the new IOS emojis. Although the logo was introduced in September, this logo was not used until May 2019 on the Screamer Wiki YouTube page. Currently, both this and the third variation are used throughout the wiki.
Temporary fifth logo • August 20th, 2019 to present
The fifth logo was created in a rush after getting FANDOM's eviction notice.