Difference between revisions of "Screamer Wiki:About"
(Fixed bad grammar)
m (Protected "Screamer Wiki:About" ([Edit=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 06:15, 23 October 2020
The Screamer Wiki, formerly known as ScreamerChecker Wiki, was founded on November 11th, 2013 by AnimatorXP, with the simple goal to index all screamers ever made. Screamer Wiki started out on Wikia, now known as Template:Rotten, and we are now operating on our own website by using a new wiki hosting service called MediaWiki. The wiki has since then grown to 1,607 articles, 94,722 total edits, and over 50,000 weekly visits.
The Screamer Wiki had the original purpose to let anyone check if a website was a screamer by searching its name on the wiki, hence the former name ScreamerChecker. Since then, the wiki slowly started to open up and expand to more types of screamers: the wiki now has articles about games, videos, shock sites, and many more.
Here is a timeline of all the milestones and major events in Screamer Wiki's history.
- November 11th, 2013: The Screamer Wiki, then named ScreamerChecker Wiki, is founded by HLDK (known as AnimatorXP on YouTube). After creating only four pages, he goes on hiatus.
- July 16th, 2015: HLDK, the founder, comes back to the wiki after a year and a half of hiatus.
- July 28st, 2015: Sumpy, owner of the former Scary Pop-Up Wiki, joins the ScreamerChecker Wiki. The two wikis later merged to form an even bigger community.
- August 4th, 2015: ScreamerChecker Wiki drops the Checker and gets renamed to simply Screamer Wiki.
- August 24th, 2015: Screamer Wiki passes the milestone of 100 pages.
- September 8th, 2015: Screamer Wiki becomes available in new languages: French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- December 2015: Screamer Wiki becomes the biggest online library of screamers with an impressive record of over 250 pages.
- May 31st, 2016: Screamer Wiki passes the milestone of 300 pages.
- October 2016: Screamer Wiki passes the milestone of 400 pages.
- January 2017: After three years and a half, Screamer Wiki passes the major milestone of 500 pages!
- June 2017: Screamer Wiki passes the 600 page milestone.
- January 2018: Screamer Wiki passes the milestone of 700 pages.
- October 2018: Screamer Wiki passes the milestone of 800 pages.
- November 11th, 2018: The Screamer Wiki, formerly known as ScreamerChecker Wiki, celebrates its fifth anniversary!
- January 2019: Screamer Wiki becomes available in Indonesian.
- February 2019: Screamer Wiki becomes available in Norwegian.
- April 2019: Five years after its opening, Screamer Wiki passes the major milestone of 1,000 pages!
- August 2019: FANDOM evicts the Screamer Wiki, which forked to ScreamerFanbase.com and is now independently hosted via shared hosting.
- October 2019: The original Screamer Wiki, which was hosted on FANDOM, officially closes after almost 6 years of operation.
- June 2020: Screamer Wiki makes the move from ScreamerFanbase.com to its new domain, screamer.wiki.
- September 2020: Screamer Wiki updates its hosting platform; with that update comes in-house video hosting and updated forums. The Screamer Wiki subreddit is also created this month.
- September 2020: Shock site passes the milestone of 200 pages
- September 2020: Screamer Wiki Videos released on September 2020, people can upload their own screamers on the platform
- October 2020: Screamer Wiki hits 5 million views.
Here is a timeline of all the different logos used throughout the history of the Screamer Wiki.
First logo - November 11th, 2013 to August 1st, 2015
Second logo - August 1st to 4th, 2015
The second logo was introduced as part of the first redesign of the Screamer Wiki. It was the first logo to be widely used across the wiki, and it introduced a revamped design, dropping the solid background.
Third logo - August 4th, 2015 to June 13th, 2019
The third logo was introduced in August of 2015 when the ScreamerChecker Wiki was rebranded to Screamer Wiki. This logo dropped the Checker while bringing in a cleaner design and a new color scheme. Multiple variations of this logo are used throughout the wiki.
Fourth logo - September 3rd, 2018 to October, 2019
The fourth logo was introduced as a concept on September 3rd, 2018 to fit the new iOS emojis. Although the logo was introduced in September, this logo was not used until May 2019 on the Screamer Wiki YouTube channel.
Current logo - October 19th, 2019 to present
To see special logos that Screamer Wiki has used over the years, click here.